- Paid tutors may not publish or distribute advertisements or letters indicating the library as their place of doing business or otherwise imply library sponsorship of their activities.
- Children under 18 years of age who are tutored in the library are the responsibility of the tutor while on library property.
- Tutoring activity may not disturb staff or library users. Unacceptable behavior includes, but is not limited to: engaging in loud or disruptive conversation or conduct, use of cell phones, monopolizing work areas.
- Library staff reserves the right to ask tutoring to cease if space being used is needed for other library purposes. The library is not obligated to accommodate any tutor on a regularly scheduled basis.
- The Children’s room will designate five tables with signs stating, “Tutoring not permitted at this table.” One computer table with four stations will also have a sign stating, “Tutoring not permitted at this table.”
- Tutors and student must bring their own supplies.
- Group study rooms, the Conference room, the quiet study room and the Teen Room cannot be reserved by tutors.
- Tutors cannot use the Walter Mintz Digital Media Center.
Adopted February 14, 2006
Revised May 17, 2011
Revised January 24, 2017